Saturday, July 19, 2025

love & hate

From a young age, I am rejected. I don't remember ever attending a birthday party, even my own.

My mother was fond of me when I could babysit my sister Jamie, cook dinner, do laundry and rescue my mother from her own bad behavior. Except for the stray animals I adopted, I was on my own. My first doctor's appointment was age 8 for a gall bladder infection. My first dentist appointment was when I was 14, with a mouthful of cavities. My dear mother disowned me after I left home at 15. She hated to lose her free babysitter and housekeeper, guess I can't blame her.

My father was completely absent. I did find him when I was 21, but that's another story.

Fast forward to present day........my sister, Jamie, cut me off years ago for something I said. My late sister Janine cut me off in 2008, the day after we laughed and chatted on the phone. 

 my sweet daughter has cut me off from my two grandchildren for a few years. Fortunately, she is tolerating me now. 

In my old age, I am avoided by everyone but the most tolerant. 

... the question is, who's fault?

There is no one to blame but myself, and the Marxist/feminism that surrounded me. The idea that it takes a village to raise a child is ridiculous. Children need two parents.

 

Luckily, My son Adam always loved me unconditionally. He really was a saint.


 

 

No comments:

Artists must be selfish to succeed

Art, Ego, and the Cost of Greatness A photographer was chatting with one of my collectors recently and mentioned their discussion about how ...